30 November 2015

It's official ... we have engraftment

 My bags and machines ... 
In the Land of Bone Marrow Transplants, engraftment is the promised land.
It's the time/place/situation when the donor cells all find homes in their new body and start to grow and take root, if you will.
I'm officially there. It's only Day +12.
Happier I could not be.
If you'd like a more medical explanation, here ya go.
Basically, it means cancer's got no hold on me.
Still feel cruddy. That's all part of the process. Things will start looking up and I'll start feeling better as God makes me new.
Selfless donor, I just don't know what to say. XOXOX


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... This is AMAZING! God has answered the prayers of so many that you be healed. Praying that you feel stronger every day! Praise the Lord!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. So incredibly happy for you! Hang in there through the crud...there is light at the end of this tunnel!!! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing news. God is so very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Amazing! Much love and strong healing vibes, Patti!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete