18 August 2010

plates


You know that guy at the circus with the spinning plates? He has long sticks and he balances breakable plates on the ends of the sticks and the plates are spinning. He's not only doing this with one plate, but with l o t s of plates. He's running around, from plate to plate to plate, making sure none of his plates lose their balance, stop spinning and crash to the ground.
That's me. The plate spinner.
I work delicately to take care of one plate. I get it up and spinning. Tending to it ever so gently.
You see, the plate has to be able to spin on its own. I can't spin for it. So, when it wobbles I run to it. Giving it a nudge, waiting with protective hands.
And then I step back - to watch and wait.
Watching and waiting are hard things.
It reminds me of this verse:
"Be still and know that I am God."
-Psalm 46:10

"
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

Trusting the Lord is not an easy task. Sometimes we have to trust that He DOES know what's going on. That he IS in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment