03 June 2018

My 2.5 year Day of Testing

I had a bone marrow transplant 2.5 years ago. November of 2015.
That's a long time ago.
I went to my 2.5 checkup and my "Day of Testing" last week. I have to wait 2 more weeks before I get the results.

My "Day of Testing" included:
- a bone marrow biopsy (hurt like hell)
- a chest CT
- a pulmonary function test (so hard makes me cry)
- blood gas draw (that hurts)
- blood draw of 25 tubes (awesome)
- and, of course, vitals

What will all this tell me? I won't know for 2 weeks. The doctor will probably tell me that my results are all fine and still show as "No Evidence of Disease." NED. He's been my friend so far.

The problem is I'm on pins and needles waiting for my results. This is the longest 2 weeks EVER.
I know God's in control. I know he's got this. He hasn't let me down yet.
Lamentations 3:25-26  The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,  to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment