11 July 2014

Another one bites the dust

One of the great things about being a Grown Up is that there are moments, sometimes even entire spans of time, of great clarity.
This isn't one of them. 
Everything is confusing. 
Everything is a struggle.
Everything is an uphill battle. I'm walking in the proverbial snow. Barefoot.
I'm trying to do everything "right." 
Yet, I can't make sense of anything. 
Damn cancer. 
Little victories matter a great deal at this point. Anything I can measure that indicates progress is something to be celebrated. Savored.
So, today, I celebrate getting through another week of my Super Dangerous but Absolutely Necessary chemotherapy pills. Today, this giant falls face-first in the dust. 

Another week down, the rest of my life to go. 





No comments:

Post a Comment